Live from the Katnip Lounge, The Kat Pack!

Starring: The Baby *Tiny Johnson * Felix * Rupert * Scouty * CC * Sweet Pea * Maui * May Ling * Salem

and...*Angels Grayce, KonaKitty, and Sylvester* always loved, never forgotten




Thursday, April 15, 2010

Touched by a Kitty Angel

Mommy in her improvised resue outfit...very fashion-forward...hee hee hee

Recovering from my wounds. I was a hungry Gray Boy!



Gratuitous tummy shot!


Mommy's Handsome Gray Man.



Hi Fellow Kitties,


My name is Rupert. I have a really neat beginning, I think. Way back when I was just a baby kitten in my Mommy's tummy an Angel Cat named Dusty from the Bridge visited me and told me I had a special mission. He said he had to leave his Mommy suddenly and too soon...but I could help fill up the hole in her heart by being her special Gray Boy. Well, I didn't even know I was going to be Gray at that point! And I didn't know it would take me over a year to find her, either. I had a hard start, and no home but I kept looking for my Forever Mommy wherever I went...and one day, I found her! But I was very shy and didn't trust people much. This was in late January.

I was hungry though, and the lady & man that lived in the house at the end of the street in my territory noticed that I needed feeding up, so they started putting food out by the patio door where we could see each other. Pretty soon I came in regularly and I got a NAME! I started to hope that this was The Place.


Now, I have a real weakness for deli meat and the lady figured this was the way to get me to come to her. What can I say, it worked...by June I was letting the lady pet me and I liked it. In fact, I liked it so much I fought the other cats around to keep the lady to myself...and another cat bit me in the bum and I started to not feel so good...


In July the lady noticed I didn't like my bum patted any more and that it didn't look quite right by my tail--she had never picked me up before but because it was 118 degrees outside and I looked sick she decided that I needed to see a vet ASAP. So dressed in a leather coat and oven mitts (in case I went spastic, in fact I was a limp noodle) she grabbed me up and took me INTO my forever home! The lady was my True Mommy; I knew it the minute she picked me up and cuddled my sick little self. The very next day I went to the v-e-t and she drained a big abscess on my bum and de-hoohaed me. I was a very good patient!


I recovered and remembered all the things that Angel Dusty taught me: I rub on Mommy when she gets out of the shower, I play with Mommy's wet hair, I sleep with my Mommy, I am Mommy's Boy, and I healed the gray hole in Mommy's heart. Some day I know that I'll meet Angel Dusty and he'll be very proud of me...but I hope not for a long long time. Because, except for that dang Maui (who likes to beat the stuffing outta me) life is Very Good.

30 comments:

  1. OMG that is so sweet! Grey cats are special, more than any other cat... I'm convinced of it! Nimbus LOVES to rub up on me when I get out of the shower too. And he'll cry and cry from the moment I turn off the water until I step out. Not the death cries just those pitiful "I miss you" squeaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet story my friend, we think you're pretty special :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Grey Kitty Boy Man!

    You are a very very very special Kitty sent by Angel Dusty to help lovely Mum with her fashionable mittens heal the grey hole in her heart!

    Bless you!!

    Glad you are recovering nicely from the trip to the v-e-t-s! You are a very brave and beautiful cat!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just loved reading your rescue story, Gray Boy! You are such a lucky fella because your new mom and dad are just fabulous!

    P.S. Our mom has a rescue outfit very similar to your moms. She usually has her welding gloves handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet story. All but the fashion sense of your mom. :-) But she can be forgiven since she only dressed that way to rescue you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear, we came by to wish Felix a good vet visit and we read the story and forgot about it. We hope Felix's knee is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gray Boy, I must say that is one of the best rescue stories I've seen in a while. You are such a special boy and you found a very special family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always like reading happy rescue stories like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Guys! Yes, we have stopped by and you have returned the visit. But we have to bug mum to get the links updated!

    Where does your cousing cat live?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Rupert, we are so glad Angel Dusty directed you to your loving forever home; you are such a special, gorgeous boy and we love your gotcha story!...It's wonderful you are a Mommy's Boy because you helped her heart to heal and that is an awesome bond!...We are very happy to meet you and honored to be your friends!...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rupert! I'm glad everything worked out! My mom has always liked gray boys too but she's never found one. Well, not yet, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We gots mom to finally sit down tonight and catch up on alla yoor gotcha stories. We is really enjoying dem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a GREAT story an we specially loved the tummy picture...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a beautiful story and you are indeed a very handsome grey boy, Rupert. It was so good that you listened to Dusty and made sure you found your forever home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wot a beautiful story, we are so glad yoo healed yoor mommy's heart. Grey cats are very good at doing that. Alfie marshall is grey, and he helped heal our mommy's heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a touching story! So very sweet those grey boys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rupert - what a happy ending for you after such a rough start in life. We are pleased you healed the hole in your Mom's heart.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are so glad that you found a place in your Mom's heart and home!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Rupert. What a wonderful story you told us, from your difficult beginnings to your loving forever home. We're so glad you found the right human mom!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great story, Rupert!! We are so glad you have a forever home now!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gray Boy you are absolutely gorgeous. Your coat is so lush looking. One would never know to look at you that you had such a rough start. Mom and I like your Mom's cat catching outfit. HA...Oven mits what a good idea she was ready to catch a kitty or take a turkey out of the oven.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my!! He's stunning!!

    BTW the Teenage Mutant Ninja Kitty Horde want to send purrrrrrs to Felix and his knee.

    Thomas: "My 'brother' Christopher, who has crossed the Rainbow Bridge, had his hip break twice! He went to the vet and the second time had surgery. The vets and vet staff made him feel better and he got lots of treats and loving when he got home! We know you'll feel better soon!!"

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely story. Glad you found each other. Cats desearve to be loved. Nice tummy shot.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  25. Our the Mom had tears in her eyes reading that story. She's so glad you found the right place to be. ::nosetaps

    ReplyDelete
  26. We loved your beginnings story, Rupert. We are so happy that you were blessed with such a wonderful mom and furever home. xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an excellent story...we are glad you found your forever Mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That was a lovely Gotcha story. We are glad Dusty sent you to your mum and you got a lovely forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Rupert, thank you for sharing your story with us, it's very nice to meet you. Dusty certainly picked the right kitty to help your Mum heal. We love her rescue outfit too, real saucy ;)

    Whicky Wuudler

    ReplyDelete

Oh Boy...this is gonna be GREAT!