Live from the Katnip Lounge, The Kat Pack!

Starring: The Baby *Tiny Johnson * Felix * Rupert * Scouty * CC * Sweet Pea * Maui * May Ling * Salem

and...*Angels Grayce, KonaKitty, and Sylvester* always loved, never forgotten




Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Grayce & the Bladder Stones...a good band name?

This is Me, the skinny scared kitty fresh from the v-e-t.



Out and about!


Me, pre wet food conversion...



Hi Friends!

My name is Grayce and I'm the other gray cat in the Lounge. I came from the same v-e-t as Tiny Johnson, Felix and May Ling...but I was the first one! Johnny told you that Daddy gotcha'd him from the v-e-t when another Lounge Kat, Bridge Angel Chuckles, was being treated for renal failure. I was Gotcha'd two weeks before him--Daddy is a sucker for kitties in cages. (He can't go into PetSmart; Not Allowed by Mommy.) When I first came home I was a skinny, scared teenager kitty. My ladygardenectomy had had some complications so my tummy was pretty sore and I was skittish about being picked up, let alone held. Daddy slept with me in my Special Room and for a long time I was exclusively his girl. After about a year I gradually decided that other people were OK.

Actually, more than just OK! I'm on the greeting committee whenever people come over. My favorite thing to do is invite folks to pet my tummy and then give them the bitey! I admit to being a HARD bitey-er, Mommy & Daddy still tell me "no biting" sometimes, but rest assured I pay no attention to their pleas. I love to sit on laps-anybody's lap-and I love to smell guests shoes. People-feet smells are heavenly, almost better than the nip! Almost. I am a huge nip-eater, dried or fresh. It makes me run around like my tail's on fire and beat up on on my furblings with my rapid-fire right hook.

All my life I have been hauled off the the v-e-t because of pee problems, and then endured the yucky pink medicine or worse, the banana-flavored goo. Then last month I was in the box every 10 minutes and I got ANOTHER trip to the v-e-t...and this time they took pictures of my innards, made me sleepy and took out two bladder stones almost 2 millimeters in size (each)! (Mommy got to keep the stones, and weirdo that she is, she saved them in the tin along with all of our whiskers that she finds.) Now I'm back to peeing like a champ! The other Lounge Kats consider me a hero because now we get ONLY canned foods for the extra water. I, of course, was a dedicated kibble eater and the transition was a little bit of a struggle...but that nasty v-e-t said I was a "chunky"--the nerve--and I should lose a little weight.

Well, I have lost some weight. I've gone from "chubby" to "cobby" which is more like what I should be. I just detest when the v-e-t is right...I must remember to bite him (hard) the next time I'm hi-jacked out of my circle bed for a check-up.



Time for a snooze. Meow for now! ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

23 comments:

  1. Hi Grayce! We're glad you are fit and healthy now, no more stones.

    And what does the v-e-t know anyway? Yes, best to bite him *hard* the next time you have to see him. In some circles, being a "vet killer" is a real honour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grayce! It is nice to meet you! That stinks that you had to have the stones taken out but it is good they got them! And that change to wet food is good too - we started to get it when Floyd got sick and now mom still gives it to us even though he is at the bridge. We think you are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grayce! Nice to meet you, and a big sorry to Meezer for not writing fast enough to say hi (Äiti has been out and I have not been blogging as much as I want -pah!).
    I like the sound of wet food all the time, but not so sure that the kidney stones to make it happen are so nice.
    Purrs and headbonks, Punapippuri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howdy Grayce! You sure seem like a feisty thing! We likes that....ALOT! Skeeter is also a foot fetish kittie. But she likes all kinds of stinky smells. Our dad HAS to be sure to go to PetSmart with mom, for she too, has a hard time resisting. MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grayce - you have had an ordeal at the hands of the vet - still if you bite him really really hard it evens things out a bit. Glad you are peeing better. Our Mum was told to give us dried food only when she brought us home but we soon changed that to wet food cos we went on hunger strike. Thankfully she is easily persuaded to our way of thinking so we didn't have malnutrition!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Grayce! Pee problems are No Fun at all! Gandalf occasionally gets crystals in his urine, so we know how No Fun that can be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS. We know what you mean about your Dad not being allowed in PetSmart. Momma is under strict orders from us to tell any and all kitties that wonder into our yard or her path that the DO NOT LIVE HERE! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grayce, I think you're a champ for bein' able to endure all that and actually reFRAIN from keeling everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Grayce! I like to bite real hard, too. And guess what? I had bladder stones taken out, too! Mine were oxalate stones. Anyway, my old vet told me I had to eat 'scription foods for the rest of my life. But my new holistic vet says the most important thing is to eat a good quality WET food! I have been eating a raw food diet for almost a year now, and my potty is good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Grayce! It's nice to meet you. I love reading about other kitties adventures in life and how they got started. Sounds like you've been through the mill and I'm glad all is okay now and that you are a wet food hero!
    ~Lisa Co9T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Grayce! Glad you're over your pee problems. My mom got a chuckle out of your mom keeping your stones (and whiskers), but you know what? My mom saved my old bro Eddie's baby teeth whenever she found one! (Mom said she'd never found any from anyone else.) Anyway, 90 million years ago (long long long before me), our house was robbed and one of the things the stoopid guy took was a small jewelry box that had Eddie's baby teeth. I guess the joke was on the guy--the tiny teeth were the only thing of value in that box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chunky?!! No girl should have to endure such insults. We think you're beautiful.

    Tipper & Misty

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sure is nice to meet you and I'm glad you have that pee thing under control, no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, dem is some big stones! Zippy does our biting of da vet fur us, Speedy always pees when he's der and Sadie growls! It's da only time she growls! We just know yoo is da popular girl in yoor home Grayce, because of da wet food alla time rule.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Grayce!!

    Great to meet you! You have had quite a time of it at the v-e-ts haven't you, you poor thing!!

    But I'm glad they sorted you out and took away that nasty stone that was making you ill!!

    I hope you are now enjoying sitting on everyone's lap and smelling shoes! LOL!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Grayce. We are glad you got rid of those nasty stones and your pee problems have gone away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, all y'all! I's glad mine Mom was allowed in PetSmart back in '05 cuz dat's when I gotchad her! Dad says 2 kitties is our limit... an Mom kinda needs him. Glad yur feelin better than afore!
    Purrs,
    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Grayce, we're glad you are feeling so much better and we're very impressed you are responsible for all your siblings getting canned food=WOW, that's a big deal!...You are a super cool, gorgeous girl, Grayce and we are so glad to meet you!...We think your Mom and Dad are pretty great too!...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grayce, you are such a beautiful girl!!! Ya know, your daddy sounds an awful lot like our daddy!! Mom says the reason there are so many of us is because of our daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Canned food, being 87% water, is best for you stoney kitties, and also for the chunky ones too, cuz it has less carbs! Glad you are doing well now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Grayce, you have been through the wars, I know all about wee issues (been there) so well done for coming through it all. I agree about the bitey, harder the better, if apes can't learn that tickling our furry tums means they get the bitey then tough! So glad you are a healthy girl now :)

    Whicky Wuudler

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gracey you make a strong case fro the wet only diet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Grayce! We are so glad your stones are gone. They must have been really uncomfortable! You are very sleek and svelte, and your coat looks VERY soft!

    ReplyDelete

Oh Boy...this is gonna be GREAT!