Today is our Mommy's Birthday! She was born at 10:42 AM, GMT-6, on 01-31-1963.
For those of you having only 18 digits, that works out to be 49 years old!
Here's a photo of Mommy as a tiny humankitten...
...and who's who!
Mommy is The Great Equalizer.
She's a Fashion
She's the unseen half of Daddy's business.
She has a super lap.
Kitties, we have received several awards in the past few weeks--Thank you all, very much, those of you who bestowed them upon us-- and Mommy has been remiss in posting them for us. As punishment, we're requiring her to tell some intimate things about herself.
While she rambles on, please enjoy the refreshments and foodables!
"Ten Things About Me"
10. After 20 years, I have started playing piano again.
9. I made Cherry jam for the first time last week! It's delicious. My favorite fruits are raspberries, cherries, and Macintosh apples, in that order.
8. I bought myself two birthday presents: a manual pencil sharpener (the type with a crank handle) and a pair of Dansko shoes.
7. I LOVE shopping on the internet, and Amazon in particular. I can't remember the last time I was in an actual brick and mortar store.
6. I went vegetarian last year. Bacon is a vegetable, right? OK, maybe I'm better termed a flexatarian.
5. My favorite color is black. Probably because it shows every. single. cat. hair.
6. I love my job. I operate the two water treatment plants in Las Vegas.
5. I detest cooking, although I can make a passable meal. I prefer to bake, preferably something that oozes chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.
4. I like being alone, and I like solitary activities. However, put me in a crowd of people and I'm gregarious.
3. I love to read. Words make me happy--I started reading somewhere before my third birthday and I haven't looked back. I really enjoy writing (for the Cats) on our blog.
2. I'm a homebody--I used to enjoy travelling but I lost the desire after moving to Vegas with sunshine 300+ days a year.
1. I love my feline family, warts, whizz and all.
And I love all of YOU for your comments, witticisms, sarcasm and general merriment! Thank you for sharing a little corner of your lives with this nihilistic, solitary, misanthropic crazy cat lady.
Sheesh! What a blabbermouth...hey, is it time for cake?
XX The Katnip Lounge Kats XX