Live from the Katnip Lounge, The Kat Pack!

Starring: The Baby *Tiny Johnson * Felix * Rupert * Scouty * CC * Sweet Pea * Maui * May Ling * Salem

and...*Angels Grayce, KonaKitty, and Sylvester* always loved, never forgotten




Friday, January 30, 2015

Dehydrated CHIKKUN! A Recipe.



Kitties!


Gorging Grizz here.
Many of you requested instructions for your servants learn how to make delectable dehydrated chikkun jerky.

Here's how:

First we get Mommy, particularly when she's already hot and sweaty and still in her yoga clothes, to fire up the big (Scouty) stew pot filled with water and a tablespoon of salt.  While she waits for the water to boil she trims off the gross fatty bits (which make the water foam like crazy) from the boneless skinless chix titz--and shoos cats off the counter.

Then she boils them up, about six at a time, 10 minutes per batch. And shoos cats off the counter.


At this point Mommy gets tired of shooing so she minces up some steaming Sacrificial Chikkun for us, burning her fingers.  Which we reject, in favor of this: 
Licking the chikkun slices!

For which we are, once again, shooed, apparently for disturbing the avian artistic array. 

After the titz cool on a rack for a half hour or so Mommy thinly slices them and puts them the dehydrator rack, and after 6-7 hours at 135℉ we have Incomparable Nomminess!

At this point we swat do the Self-Shooing Shuffle to optimize distribution...

So, to summarize:

trim and boil boneless skinless chicken breasts in salted water for about 10 minutes (shoo)
cool--counter (shoo) or refrigerator (delayed shooing)
slice about 3/16" (3-4 mm) thick (activate extreme shooing skillz)
dehydrate until almost crisp
scuffle

Bon Appetit!


Happy Thursday!

XX  Glutted Grizz  XX

33 comments:

  1. Ahhh, nothin says lovin like chick titz in the dehydrator oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, that looks nummy.

    I'm off to make blue & green popcorn balls for our SOOPERBOWL PARTY tomorrow at work. GO HAWKS!!!

    :-) T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's a dehydrator rack and where might a human find one? I'm thinking for my favorite apple chips! xoxo
    That Woman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I've had these and they are tasty! My human needs to get a dehydrator!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bit of a shoo-in for the chickenfest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Grizz - you have such a good mommy. Tell her thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, the hubby has been thinking about getting a dehydrator...maybe if I give him this recipe, he may want to make chicken tit snacks for Chuck and Angel, since Chuck cannot eat kibble...ever...due to constipation issues. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky bunch!
    Mummy and Daddy are vegan..this would make them puke...so we have a 'cat in hell's chance' of ever getting this.
    The REAL Maple Syrup Mob xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome--we will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the boyz want to know if there is room for them to move into the lounge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, why not? three more won't make any difference and I'll bet Trish will never notice (or Scott either). haha!!

      Delete
  11. omg, that is hilarious. I, too, am very aware of the shoo-shuffle, but normally they are all hovering around my feet. Invariably one of them gets a tail stepped on and squalls, which sends them all running! Then I feel bad and have to call them all back to give them treats. I guess I need to get me a dehydrator and make the chikkun titz jerky for my 12.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We need to get a dehydrator and make these stat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yum! You kitties are so lucky to have such yummy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! I'm glad you posted these directions. I am assuming boiling the chicken takes care of any salmonella issues? Next time chicken is on sale, I'm going for it. Someone gave me a like new dehydrator. Thank you!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ummm Mom needs to get on of them dehydrating racks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a pretty simple recipe Grizz...I'm sure my cats would say even I could do it. If I had a dehydrator that is. Sigh, I see another piece of kitchen equipment in my future. Anything for the cats, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. we iz knot even reedin thiz post
    coz we iz knot even gonna look at this post
    N heerz two a big-scale pomfret kinda week oh end ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. we don't have a dehydrator. but the one time we made food for the kittehs, they didn't like is, sigh.

    emma and buster

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow ! Your mom is a 5 stars cook ! Unfortunately, we don't have a dehydrator... Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for the recipe. We have a cheap dehydrator to use on herbs and I have made raisins- I wonder if it will work for chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a nice mom you guys have that will go through all that work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your mommy rocks for doing this for you guys and make "Incomparable Nomminess!"

    ReplyDelete
  23. We gotta get one of those dehydrator thingys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh! Wow! Mes sending this recipe to Daddy (the dehydrator thingy is in Midway) Maybe hes will makes some for Jo Jo, Kozmo and Cinnamon and purrhaps sends mes some!
    Nummy Nummy!!!
    Kisses
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow dat's cool. Weez gunna hav to get mommy to make us sum of this. Fanks fur da stwuctions.

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Lexi

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Farm cats do not like dehydrated treats....

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was so cute and amusing. Enjoy your chick-hen goodness! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am forever buying the stuff, I guess I should just make it. That's about all my Grace will eat these days. I have to put it on her food to get her to eat it.

    ReplyDelete

Oh Boy...this is gonna be GREAT!